Overdrive eContent:In order to successfully download Overdrive eContent, the iPad/iPhone will need the Overdrive App. To be able to open and read an ePub file, the device will also need to be authorized by Adobe Digital Editions.
- Access App Store and download free Overdrive app. Often you will need an iTunes/Apple password to access the App Store.
- Once installed, access the Overdrive app. Select "Menu" in order to "Get Books." You will be asked to "add a library." Search Douglas County. Select "Douglas County Libraries, Colorado."
- Select "Douglas County Libraries" from "Get Books" list. The Overdrive page will appear.
- Using "Browse" or "Search" button, locate an ePub or MP3 audiobook available for checkout (note: the "Advanced" search feature is only available after selecting the "Search" button).
- Select "add to cart" button, then "Proceed to Checkout" button. Select desired lending period: 7, 14, or 21 day checkout. Select "Confirm Check Out" button.
- Once the title is checked out, you are ready to download.
- If downloading an MP3 file, the download will begin once "Download" is selected.
- If downloading an ePub file, the device will ask for an Adobe ID. If you do not have an Adobe ID, you will be required to create an Adobe ID. **You will only need to do this once!**
- Once the device is authorized, select "download" again.
In order to successfully download 3M eContent, the iPad/iPhone will need the 3M Cloud Library App. Watch short video on installing 3M Cloud Library App.
- Access App Store and download free 3M Cloud Library app. Often you will need an iTunes/Apple password to access the App Store.
- Once installed, access the 3M app. You will be asked to select country, state, and library. Select "Douglas County Libraries, Colorado."
- You will be asked to enter library card # and PIN #.
- Use "Search" button to locate an ePub available for checkout (note: the "Refine" search feature allows search to locate titles that are currently available for checkout).
- Select desired item and select "Check Out." Item will begin to download. Once download is complete, the item will open to the cover page.
- **If the device has not yet been authorized with Adobe Digital Editions, you will be asked to enter your Adobe ID before the item will download.**
DCL owned eContent:
In order to successfully download DCL owned eContent, the iPad/IPhone will need the iDCL Reader app. It's very easy to install the iDCL Reader App on your iPad or iPhone:
- Turn on device and access App Store. Often an Apple/iTunes password is necessary to gain access.
- Search for iDCL Reader.
- Download free iDCL Reader App to device.
How to install iDCL Reader to iPad/iPhone